users@jaxb.java.net

Re: UnmarshallException, unexpected attributes, inconsistent gene rate d classes across namespaces.

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:06:27 -0800

> Our motivation for compiling separately is that we are using the Netbeans
> platform to develop an extensible modular system. XML Schemas define the
> the data model for each module. Each module is version controlled and
> potentially released individually. Since new-module authors are expected
> to define their own data in XML, but build on the pre-existing core XML
> Schemas and modules, one-stop compilation is not viable long term - I
> think. Short term however before the system gets too big - too many
> modules /authors etc, we can work around as you suggest.

Your scenario makes sense to me.

> It would be nice if SetImpl.java was consistent across schema a, b and c.
> A quick diff looking at enterAttribute(...) across each of these files
> will probably give you a clue. Same thing also in HeaderImpl that is
> itself extended by SetImpl..

Looking at your schema, it should work fine with the separate
compilation, so it starts to seem like a bug.

However, I didn't spot any difference in the enterAttribute callback
(but I found some difference in enterElement and leaveElement). In any
case, the difference doesn't seem substantial.

I'd appreciate very much if you can also come with an instance that
reproduces the problem.

> I hope attachment is OK..

Or you can file a bug in Bugzilla and create an attachment.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi