users@jaxb.java.net

Re: The com.sun.xml.bind.util.ListImpl story

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 07:28:37 -0800

I think the easiest thing we can do is to use the wrapper only when the
default value is indeed specified.

> Another solution which would have the desired properties described
> above is to let JAXB auto generate a subclass (during schema
> compilation) of the desired list implementation class.

Your idea is interesting, but I have a question. How do XJC know which
are mutation methods on your custom class?

Like if I do:

    class MyList extends ArrayList {
        void mySuperMutationMethod() {
        }
    }

How does XJC know that mySuperMutationMethod needs interception?

I understand your frustration, though. Like I wrote, I don't like the
behavior either.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi