users@jaxb.java.net

Re: XJC ERROR - Schema not part of compilation (using external binding file)

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:15:49 -0800

I think we need to improve the error message, but the heart of the
problem is that you specified your schema to be:

    C:\work\BexXMLSchema\order_v02_nobiztalk.xsd

... which translates to:

    file:///work/BexXMLSchema/order_v02_nobiztalk.xsd

Yet in your binding file it was specified to be:

    file://ngarner/work/BexXMLSchema/order_v02_nobiztalk.xsd

So XJC was unable to conclude that they are the same.

Try adding "-mode forest" option to the XJC to obtain what URL XJC is
associating with your schema internally, and update your binding file as
such (or submit the correct URL as the schema file to XJC)

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi