users@jaxb.java.net

AW: AW: Using JAXB Generated Classes as Beans

From: Wiedmann, Jochen <jochen.wiedmann_at_softwareag.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:50:04 +0100

> >> Interesting possibility. Can you make the proxy look like a normal
> >> bean from the outside?
> >
> > If you use Java's build-in dynamic proxy support (i.e. using
> > java.lang.reflect.Proxy), then the only constraint is that the bean
> > must implement an interface. In the caes of JAXB, this will always be
> > the case.
>
> That's fantastic, I've learned something today!

Oh, and I forgot yet another possibility, which approaches the performance
issues: As you are already using a generator, you might as well generate
the proxy classes using JaxMeJS. See

    http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/js/patterns/proxy.html

for details. That might in fact be the best approach, as it simplifies
debugging, when compared to java.lang.reflect.Proxy.

Jochen