users@jaxb.java.net

RE: Re: Java packages with relation to Nested schemas.

From: Adrian Brogan <adrian.brogan_at_burnsecs.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:24:51 -0000

> The difficulty in doing this is that as far as the W3C XML Schema spec
> is concerned, it is impossible to distinguish things defined in
> mainSchema1.xsd from those defined in common.xsd. So the spec cannot
> describe such a behavior in a nice way.

Thanks for all the input. Things are becoming clearer but I still don't
fully understand the argument. You seem to be implying that it is the
fault of the XML Schema specification as to why the Java packaging model
I require is not possible. Could you give me an example (in simple
terms) as why this is the case? I still don't see why the Schema
specification influences the Java packaging model (surely they should be
de-coupled).

I must admit I have only read snippets of the XML Schema specification
so apologies if this scenario is obvious to most people.

Adrian