users@jaxb.java.net

Re: sizes of generated sources and class files

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:00:33 -0400

Norman Stöbener wrote:

> I have read that the validation could be made optional. Is this possible
> in JWSDP v1.2? Where can I turn off the on-demand validation?

In the case of the JAXB RI, we actually generate code and data to
perform on-demand validation. I suppose what you are really asking
is if there is a way to disable the generation of the validation
code. Unfortunately, we do not have this ability today, but we have
discussed adding this option in the future.

Thanks for your feedback,

--Ryan