users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Compiling XML (SVG Fragments)

From: David Young <david_at_kspar.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:35:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Thomas, if you're looking to generate java
presentations with svg then you might want to look at
xmlc. The xmlc compiler generates a dom class with
access methods (e.g., setText<id_value>(),
getElement<id_value>() ) that is loaded by a tomcat
servlet at runtime. You use those methods and perhaps
some DOM API methods to update the SVG content and
structure.

I've written a few articles on xmlc (as contrasted
with JSP). You'll find their links at
http://www.kspar.net I'll see if I can resurrect some
example code I wrote a few years ago regarding SVG
presentations. xmlc can be downloaded from
xmlc.enhydra.org

David