users@jaxb.java.net

Re: 1.0.1 generated code does not compile (extends generated.Foo)

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:43:41 -0700

Gary Gregory <ggregory_at_seagullsw.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> JAXB 101 generates code that does not compile of the form:
>
> public interface DomainCredentials
> extends generated.Credentials
> ..
>
> where "generated" is not a package/namespace I have specified. Saving the
> XSDs in XMLSpy 5.4 does not report any errors and neither does XJC.

I compiled your schema and noticed that the "generated" directory is
indeed generated by XJC. Perhaps your javac invocation doesn't specify
this as the source directory?

The reason why this rather awkward package is generated is because your
security.xsd has no target namespace. You could use a schema-level
customization for this schema to specify a better Java package name.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi                  408-276-7063 (x17063)