users@jaxb.java.net

Interfaces generation for Element containing embedded definition of complexType

From: Manish Sethi <msethi_at_noida.manystreams.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:01:33 +0530

Hi,

If an element is of complexType and the definition of complex type is
defined within that element e.g.

<element name="E">
   <complexType>
      <sequence>
           <element name="E1"/>
         <element name="E2"/>
        </sequence>
   </complexType>
</element>

JAXB-RI compiler generates following two interfaces

1) public interface EType
2) public interface E extends javax.xml.bind.Element,
com.test.testschema.EType

I understand it may be useful in some cases. But In some cases (And I guess
in most of the cases) I would not like to have both interfaces. In a way it
will just increase the number of generated interfaces which looks cumbersome
and becomes unmanageable.

IMO there shd be a way in customization by which I can generate only one
interface for element (i.e. E) that is complete in it's own.

May be it's already there and I couldn't notice it. Any help/feedback wud be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Manish