users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB conversion of wildcard to DOM (<xjc:dom />) stripping ou t na mespace attributes

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:10:37 -0700

> The *re*-moving of attributes, on the other hand, is really what inspired my
> email in the first place.

OK, I think I'm not aware of any case where JAXB causes this problem.
Can you elaborate on it?

> Thanks for the quick reply. Please keep me informed on whether you're able
> to come up with a workaround.

Unfortunately, it seems like a fix requires some RI code change.

One possibility is to:

1. create an XMLReader by yourself
2. configure it with "http://xml.org/sax/features//namespace-prefixes"
   SAX property to true,
3. use SAXSource to pass it to the unmarshaller

If you could test this quickly and tell us if it works, that's great.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi                  408-276-7063 (x17063)