users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Working with multiple vendor files - How To

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:44:56 -0700

Hank Ratzesberger <hankr_at_crustal.ucsb.edu> wrote:
> Koshuke,
>
> Let me try again, thank you.
>
> I have several complex schemas from other vendors
> (mostly ISO and OpenGIS) which I would like to
> place in their own packages.
>
> These files <include> each other, so when I
> generate the classes, I get one big package.
> (They are distributed this way, and I simply
> used them.)

The spec only allows one package per namespace. So if they really belong
to the same target namespace, there's nothing we can do about it today.

It doesn't matter whether you use catalog or not or how they are brought
to the compiler. One package per one namespace.

> Basically, I don't want to end up with one
> huge package.

So I think this is a feedback that one-package-per-one-namespace
granularity is not desirable with some schemas.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi                  408-276-7063 (x17063)