users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Use of <appinfo> with JAXB

From: Pratt, Jerald <jerald.pratt_at_ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:13:12 -0700

The 3rd party schemas that I'm trying to use are provided by OpenGIS group
(www.opengis.org). I'm currently using the GML v3.0.0 though I saw today
there is an update (v3.0.1). The problems that I'm having with trying to
compile these XML schemas with JAXB are

1) The GML (openGIS) use of <appinfo> in their schema files. I'm not sure
exactly why JAXB has a problem but if I simply comment out the <appinfo>
element then I get past this problem. As I provided before, the XJC error
message from the XJC ant task is:

        [xjc] [ERROR] unexpected character literal
        [xjc] line 4 of basicTypes.xsd

I get this for a few of the schema files but not all of them.

and:
2) The GML schemas implement "abstract" attribute (abstract="true") on some
of their elements. In this case, the error message that I get is:

        [xjc] [ERROR] unsupported schema feature: "abstract" attribute of
<element> is not supported
        [xjc] line 38 of gmlBase.xsd

So my question is why do these schema files have a problem with the
<appinfo> line and when will/might support be available for "abstract"
attributes of elements? And, is there any other work around that I might be
able to use given that I don't own these XML schema files?

If anyone is interested in looking at the OpenGIS xml Schema files, they can
go to www.opengis.org or let me know and I can provide them in a zip file.

Jerald