users@jaxb.java.net

XSD annotation/documentation to Javadoc request

From: Gary Gregory <ggregory_at_seagullsw.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:44:50 -0400

Hello,

It would be quite helpful if XSD annotations would show up as Javadoc
comments.

For example, the following:

            <xs:attribute name="maxConnectionsPerHost"
type="cics:positiveShort" use="optional" default="2">
                <xs:annotation>
                    <xs:documentation>Sets the maximum number of connections
allowed for a given HostConfiguration. Per RFC 2616 section 8.1.4, this
value defaults to 2.</xs:documentation>
                </xs:annotation>
            </xs:attribute>

Would show up as:

/**
  * Sets the maximum number of connections allowed for a
  * given HostConfiguration. Per RFC 2616 section 8.1.4,
  * this value defaults to 2.
  */

I've formatted this so it fits nicely in an email message but I think the
format should not be changed from what is in the annotation/documentation
element.

The reason I bring this is up is that some tools like XMLSpy support this
scheme to document XSDs, which is how we document our XSDs.

Gary