users@jaxb.java.net

Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError When Creating Unmarshaller

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:46:42 -0700

Dwayne Burns <dwayne_burns_at_agilent.com> wrote:
> Hi Kohsuke,
>
> I am curious as to whether I generated my classes wrong. I generated
> the classes using >xjc.bat -xmlschema discover.xsd -d src -p
> agilent.dev.ne This is the same package name that I supply in the
> newInstance call. After your last message I recheck my CLASSPATH to
> make sure everything was correct and rebuilt all of the classes. Do I
> need to supply a specific class in my context path string?

No.

I can only guess but, you might have used one version of jaxb-impl.jar
when you compile the generated code, and your app server might have
another.

I'd recommend you to write a small test program that runs outside your
app server. A simple, stand-alone program. See if that works, or if that
gives you a better error message at least.

In that way, I hope you can isolate the problem better.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi                  408-276-7063 (x17063)