users@jaxb.java.net

Re: unmarshalling exceptions

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:42:29 -0700

Shannon Hughes <srhughes_at_LUCENT.COM> wrote:
> I am having problems during the unmarshalling process. I do know that my
> schema is valid and well formed and I also know that the parser is
> parsing the xml document correctly. When I hit the unmarshalling process
> I am seeing the following error...any ideas?

It does look strange, indeed.

Since the code is in the generated runtime, I would recommend you to set
the break point at the SAXUnmarshallerHandlerImpl.startElement method,
and inspect the values of relevant variables (or emit the print
statement to dump some information.)

Tell me whether the local variables "uri" and "local" are non-empty when
the startElement method is called.

I never heard about this failure and since everyone uses this part of
the code, it's difficult to believe that there's a bug in our code.

If you find out what was wrong, please let us know. I'm very interested
in knowing it.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi                  408-276-7063 (x17063)