users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Application Development and Issues

From: Ed Mooney <Ed.Mooney_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:06:06 -0400

Hi Sarada,

I'd say the issues you're concerned about apply to any set of APIs you
might code to. There's always a tension between evolving the API based
on experience and new requirements and maintaining backward
compatibility with existing applications. In the case of JAXB (and all
JCP-developed APIs), evolution of the API is controlled by a group of
experts sensitive to this tension.

Regards,
--
Ed Mooney         |Sun Microsystems, Inc.|Time flies like
Java Web Services |UBUR02-201            |an arrow, but