users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB1.0.1 generated java/class files are much larger compared to JAXB1.0.0

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:08:35 -0400

Ganga Sah wrote:

> I find that now generated
> Java files have method containing large serialized
> data, which seems to be making files large now? Can
> one one explain this?

The serialized data was also in the 1.0.0 generated impl classes.
Unfortunately, the increase in size is related to new features,
performance enhancements, and backwards compatibility with 1.0.0
generated classes. Hopefully, subsequent humps will be much
smaller than the one between 1.0.0 and 1.0.1.

In any event, we'll take a close look at the generated code to
make sure we aren't doing something wrong....

--Ryan