users@jaxb.java.net

Creating XML files from relational data

From: b j <cyrano2002_at_lycos.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:22:26 -0400

My question is whether JAXB is the appropriate solution for my simple project. I am in need of creating an XML file from relational stored data that conforms to a schema. I have the schema, and have 5 different SQL statements that will provide me with the needed data.

I understand that I can create java classes from the schema but I never plan to unmarshal (I don't have an original XML data document) and only plan to marshal data collected by the SQL statements to an XML file that conforms to the schema.

Do I have to unmarshal data from an xml document in order to marshal it back? how do I create an in-memory data structure with just sql?