users@jaxb.java.net

Re: derived attribute not accepted when validating

From: Pete Hendry <peter.hendry_at_capeclear.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:28:02 +1200

It doesn't inherit the "variable" attribute. When using restriction,
only those components that are explicitely listed in the derived type
are carried forward. The "to" type defines 3 attributes (expression,
opaque and endpointReference). The other attributes cannot be used in an
instance of "to". Note that restriction is not a natural concept to OO
languages. Mapping from schema restriction to java types can be done
without any relationship between the base and derived types (since they
are not polymorphic).

Pete