users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Internal Error after migration to 1.0.1

From: Ed Mooney <Ed.Mooney_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:53:20 -0400

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, the only workaround I can suggest involves editing the
generated code. Please try making this change to
org/cheiron/seven/plugins/config/xml/model/impl/runtime/InterleaveDispatcher.java:

     *** InterleaveDispatcher.java 2003/06/18 19:32:14 1.1
     --- InterleaveDispatcher.java 2003/06/18 19:32:52
     ***************
     *** 92,98 ****

           public Object owner() {
     ! throw new InternalError();
           }

           public void enterElement(String uri, String local, String
qname, Attributes atts) throws SAXException {
     --- 92,101 ----

           public Object owner() {
     ! if( nestLevel>0 )
     ! return currentSite.getCurrentHandler().owner();
     ! else
     ! throw new InternalError();
           }

           public void enterElement(String uri, String local, String
qname, Attributes atts) throws SAXException {

We agree that we shouldn't be throwing InternalError. The next release
will throw a JAXBAssertionError. Also, the bug parade folks are trying
to track down why 4878471 has yet to be publically visible.

Please accept our apologies for letting this bug escape, and our thanks
for catching it. I hope this workaround is acceptable for now.

Regards,
--
Ed Mooney         |Sun Microsystems, Inc.|Time flies like
Java Web Services |UBUR02-201            |an arrow, but