users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Internal Error after migration to 1.0.1

From: Mark Brouwer <mark.brouwer_at_virgil.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 15:44:02 +0200

Mark Brouwer wrote:

> I don't use Xerces like I've never done before. I can't make much of it,
> except that I get a nasty feeling ...
>
> Jun 5, 2003 10:10:54 PM org.cheiron.seven.boot.Bootstrap main
> SEVERE: can't start container
> java.lang.InternalError
> at

Ik looked in the generated source code of impl.runtime and it appears
that InternalError is thrown as an AssertionError (which is J2SE 1.4+),
am I correct?

    public Object owner() {
        throw new InternalError();
    }

In that case I would have prefered an application specific Error, for it
looks like there was something wrong with the JVM and people start to
test different JVM's while the code itself seems to be faulty.
--
Mark Brouwer