users@jaxb.java.net

ANN: Guidelines for posting bugs/issues to jaxb-interest

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:49:36 -0400

Just a friendly reminder:

If you are having trouble using JAXB or think that you've found a bug,
please send us as much information as possible in your initial posting.
At a minimum, you should include things like, but not limited to:

   o which version of JAXB/JWSDP are you using?
   o JDK version and platform
   o other versioning info (Xerces, Ant, etc)
   o complete stacktraces
   o simplified schema and instance docs, if possible. The
     less complicated your samples are, the easier it is for
     us to track down the problem.

Obviously, these don't apply to every issue or bug you'll encounter,
but the point is to help us streamline the process by giving us as
much information as possible up front. This will also make it easier
for people searching the archives to find solutions. Many of the
sample schemas that we receive go into our unit test suite to make
sure that we avoid regressions in the next release, so you aren't only
helping us - you're also helping yourself and the rest of the JAXB
developers.

You guys outnumber us by nearly 100 to 1 (there are 5 of us working
on the ri/spec and nearly 500 subscribers on the list), so it would
really help if you could try to follow these guidelines.

Thanks and keep banging on the code!

--Ryan