users@jaxb.java.net

Re: java.lang.reflect.Proxy: NoClassDefFoundError

From: Marcus Walls <marcus.walls_at_aspective.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:55:07 +0100

Ed Mooney wrote:

>J2SE v1.3.1 has always been the minimum requirement for JAXB 1.0.

I stupidly missed that in the release notes the first time round.
Maybe that's a good thing though, since JDK1.2.2 support is mandatory
for my application, and thus I'd not even have bothered playing with
JAXB.

>JAXB's dependence on java.lang.reflect.Proxy is new in 1.0.1.
>Is there any reason to hope Websphere may support v1.3.1?

Unfortunately not for my version of WebSphere. Later versions
support 1.3 and 1.4, but WebSphere 3.5.x which is the most widely
deployed version of WebSphere only supports 1.2.2.

Having written lots of JAXB code into my application now and been
working with it for a few months with version 1.0, I think I'm
going to have to take a risk and stay with 1.0 even though it's
not supported as testing has gone well to date, and it would be
costly to throw JAXB out now.

My schemas are very simple, and I'm not doing anything complex
in my view. Could you shed any light on which specific features
of JAXB1.0 require 1.3, so that I can make a guess on whether I'm
likely to run into some trouble later on?

Thanks

Marcus