users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Line-numbers of already parsed elements

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 08:12:34 -0700

> For example it would be helpful if unmarshalled elements had a method
> like "getLocator()" in their Implementation-class which returns their
> locator (set when the unmarshaller of a single element was created or
> null, if there was no unmarshalling before).

My point was, it's not obvious where that locator points to. Suppose you
have a large complex type with a lot of children, do you expect the
locator to point the beginning of it, the end of it, or what? There
could be large difference between them.

Can you live with "approximated" location information?

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)