users@jaxb.java.net

Marshalled XML from type extensions

From: Allister Bertram <abertram_at_checkfree.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 11:14:41 -0600

Has anyone implemented JAXB against a schema which uses type extensions, where the instance document marshalled under JAXB includes the required type attribute, indicating the appropriate extension type for the element?

I have in my Schema a type "BusinessContactType" which is an extension of "ContactType". When I marshal to Xml, I expect to see in my instance document

<ContactElement type="ns1:BusinessContactType">

but all I see is

<ContactElement>

with all of the sub-elements of BusinessContactType marshalled within the ContactElement.

The instance document isn't valid unless the type is specified. Has anyone managed to develop a working implementation of such a schema?