users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Generating java objects from xml with no pre-compiling or external tools.

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:01:26 -0700

Technically what's you are describing is not hard at all.

But since you still need to generate interfaces beforehand, I'm not that
sure if this would achieve such a benefit as you describe. If you can
somehow map a large number of different schemas into one set of
interfaces, maybe it will.

For me, the primary benefit of deferring the impl generation is to hide
impl code, and also to avoid compatibility issue among different
versions of the compiler.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)