users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Unexpected end of element

From: Steven Cummings <cummingscs_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:59:38 -0400

Hmm... okay, you're right about that. I would have gotten to that error eventually and killed the element. Sorry about that. I'm trying to use IMS standards... and finding out why e-learning research is failing while millions of dollars and hundreds of research teams can't come to coherent conclusions in it!

Anyway, the error I get is "Unexpected end of element: {}comment", and if I comment those out I get the same thing for "{}source". Which, like I said in my first email, seems to be just elements with simple content (and maybe attributes). Also, this error-message tells me that JAXB seems to ignore the namespace URI that those two elements should have.

So you seem to be getting a different (and the correct) error message. From my error message can you tell that there might be a configuration problem with my JAXB setup? I'm only using the jars and the ant-task, and I AM copying jaxb.properties and bgm.ser to my classpath along with the generated classes when I run.

One final note, each time I send you an email I get an "Undeliverable..." repsonse, but then you seem to have gotten it. Is this address not being run as a mailing list any more, or are there just some minor errors?

Thanks a bunch for your time! I'm trying really hard to adopt JAXB and stick with it because I do think it is important.

/S

--
Steven Cummings
Columbia, MO