users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Customization Problem

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:40:47 -0400

The @name attribute of a class customization will change the name of the
publicly visible content interface. If you say name="IAnimal", then you
should get the IAnimal interface.

The corresponding implementation class name (like AnimalTypeImpl or
IAnimalImpl) is our RI specific implementation detail and you are not
supposed to use them directly. Rather, they should be always accessed
through public interfaces and ObjectFactory. As a result, we don't
provide any customization that allows you to modify its name.

The @implClass attribute has a totally different role. It is a
customization that allows you to specify your own implementation class
instead of one generated from the RI. So it's not a customization to
change a name of the RI generated class.

Hope this clarifies your question.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)