users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Errors getting in binding the schema

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:44:05 -0700

I fixed the problem in our workspace. So it will be fixed in the next
release.

XJC got confused because AmnesgruppBaseType was both used as the base
type and children of AmnesgruppLevel2. This was causing a problem for
the on-demand validator.

So I think one potential workaround is to define the identical
AmnesgruppBaseTypePrime as:

<xs:complexType AmnesgruppBaseTypePrime>
  <xs:complexContent>
    <xs:extension base=AmbesgruppBaseType />
  </
</

and then use that as the base type for AmnesGruppLevel2 like this:

 <xs:complexType name="AmnesgruppLevel2">
  <xs:annotation>
   <xs:documentation>Defines the containment structure for Amnesgrupp Level 2</xs:documentation>
  </xs:annotation>
  <xs:complexContent>
   <xs:extension base="AmnesgruppBaseTypePrime">
    <xs:sequence>
     <xs:element name="Amnesgrupp" type="AmnesgruppBaseType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xs:sequence>
   </xs:extension>
  </xs:complexContent>
 </xs:complexType>

I know for many people modifying a schema is not an option, but for
those of you who can do that, this would probably work.

And I've already posted one workaround that uses a general purpose XML
validator.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)