users@jaxb.java.net

Re: On demand validation fails on extended complex type

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:17:32 -0700

> What do you say. Is this a bug or not?

Thank you for the test case. I confirmed the problem.

> This problem puts me in a very tight spot since I either has to perform
> all validation in the applications business logic or redesign the schema
> with major implications on the XML-consumer side.

Another possibility is to use an XML validation API like JARV
(http://iso-relax.sourceforge.net/JARV/) and:

1. marshal JAXB content tree into SAX events
2. feed those events to JARV

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)