users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Generated Class Object size

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:49:05 -0700

Is that the size of the source code or the size of the class files?
Given the complexity of XML Schema, I wouldn't be so surprised by the
size difference...

Personally, I think one possibility is to make the validation totally
optional. One of the size bloater is the schema fragment generated for
the validation (the long string constant you see in the generated class
file). If the user don't want the on-demand validation, this data won't
be necessary.

We also made some improvements in this area since the 1.0 release, so
there's some chance that the situation will improve a bit in the next
release.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)