users@jaxb.java.net

Generated Class Object size

From: Frank VanLoon <fvanloon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:30:21 -0600

We have been using the JAXB Early Access for over a year now... I am currently working on migrating to JAXB 1.0. I have converted all of our old Bindings and DTDs into Schemas (about 90 total). We have several Common Schemas (about 10) which each have their own Namespace and target package... so there is no duplication at all. However, I have found that the code that is generated is over 50 Mbs! The Early Access version created much lighter code (around 15 Mb)... has this been identified and are there any plans to try to streamline the generated classes?

Thanks,

Frank