users@jaxb.java.net

Re: FW: inhereted default overrides do not work

From: Mr ilya simuni <ilya.simuni_at_gs.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:30:57 -0600

Ed, thanks for getting back to me on this issue.

>The code being generated is what I would expect from your schema:
>public interface ResourceApplicationIdType
> extends apv.target.context.jaxb.BaseAttributeValueType {}
>
>What led you to expect something different?

my expectations was that the element "ResourceApplicationIdImpl"
would have "Name" attribute set to the default value of
"Applications by Aid". (see below)

 <xsd:element name="ResourceApplicationId">
  <xsd:complexType>
   <xsd:complexContent>
    <xsd:restriction base="apv:BaseAttributeValueType">
     <xsd:attribute name="Binding" type="xsd:NMTOKEN"
fixed="ResourceApplicationIdBinding"/>
     <xsd:attribute name="Name" type="xsd:string" default=/>
    </xsd:restriction>
   </xsd:complexContent>
  </xsd:complexType>
 </xsd:element>

PLEASE NOTE THOUGH, that I had to change my schema to solve that problem.

thanks,
ilya