users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Customaziation and validation

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:27:30 -0700

> Override the specified default binding of XML Schema built-in
> datatypes to Java datatypes. In some cases, you might want to introduce
> an alternative Java class that can represent additional characteristics of
> the built-in XML Schema datatype.

I checked the users guide but I don't think one can say it contradicts
the behavior of the RI. It doesn't say you can alter the meaning of the
built-in XML Schema datatypes.

Once again, you can't change the definition of built-in types. The only
thing you can change is how it gets mapped to Java.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)