users@jaxb.java.net

Generate C++ equiv?

From: Malachi de AElfweald <malachi_at_EOTI.ORG>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:33:53 -0700

I'm really liking JAXB, and showed it to management today.

They like it as well, and gave me the task of figuring out how to do a similar interface for C/C++/etc (for legacy integration). Basically, we would like to take the xsd, autogenerate the Java and the C interfaces, preferably to have an API really similar to each other. The idea would be for the C database and the Java clients to have autogenerated libraries... We can use the Java directly in the database if necessary, but would prefer to avoid JNI.

So, is there an easy way for me to extend XJC to provide similar APIs for other languages? Since I am the one looking into it, I would still prefer a Java tool to make the code :)

Malachi