users@jaxb.java.net

Re: cyclic inheritance

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:57:00 -0800

This is indeed interesting. Here is the rough signature of the generated
code:

  interface PurchaseOrderElement extends javax.xml.bind.Element, primer.myPo.PurchaseOrderElement.POType {
    interface POType {
      String Comment;
      java.util.Calendar OrderDate;
      primer.myPo.USAddress ShipTo;
      primer.myPo.USAddress BillTo;
      primer.myPo.Items Items;
    }
  }

(By the way you can get this output with "-mode sig" option)

So the problem is that the outer interface is extending inner interface,
and I guess this violates JLS. I think therefore this is unavoidable
with JAXB RI v1.0.

I'm not sure if this is a bug of the spec or a bug of the RI, but we'll
look into this.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)