users@jaxb.java.net

List handling

From: Malachi de AElfweald <malachi_at_EOTI.ORG>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:04:35 -0700

I know this is kinda related to other questions, but here it is...

When you have a set of tags (say, 'directory').... JAXB autogenerates the method: List getDirectory() -- which, given this example, really does not make a nice API. It really should be plural, since you are returning multiple directory objects.

Now, I realize that being able to override the method to, say 'getDirectories()' isn't really doable. Is there any way with nameXmlTransform to append 'List' to all method names that return a list? Ie: getDirectoryList() ? I think, for a distributed API, that would be MUCH cleaner.

Malachi