users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Opening the JAXB-INTEREST archives to non-subscribers

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:58:58 -0500

Brett Porter wrote:
> Is there a way to have it mask the email addresses like other mail
> archives? Never infallible, but a good start (eg bporter ! f2network -
> com - au).

I haven't figured out if this is possible with our listserv. I did
check some of the the other lists with open archives and none of them
had obfuscated e-mail addresses. Of course, that doesn't mean that it
isn't possible.

> Anyway, I think open archives, closed post is the right way to go. I get
> enough SPAM as it is, so I'll live with it :)

I agree, but since I only got a couple of replies, I'm going to wait
a little bit longer before making the switch to see if anyone else
has an opinion on this subject.

Thanks,

--Ryan