users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Minimal set for JNLP

From: Malachi de AElfweald <malachi_at_EOTI.ORG>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:48:04 -0700

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:35:57 -0500, Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_Sun.COM> wrote:

>Malachi de AElfweald wrote:
> > Is there any chance of getting this jars officially signed, or do we have to just sign them
> > ourselves? (JNLP requires all jars to be signed)
>I'm no JWS expert, but my understanding is that the "right" way to bundle your app
>is to add a dependency in your JNLP file for the JAXB libraries rather than rolling
>them into your download. In either case, the JAXB jars would need to be signed (which
>they're not). I will add this to the list of issues for our next release.

That would be great. From what I understand, the correct way would be for me to have a jaxb.jnlp that list the necessary jars, homepage, icon, etc... Then, I would use the extension href to refer to that jnlp within my own.

As a side note of this, perhaps what would be best is if the distribution came not only with signed jars, but with the jaxb.jnlp file -- so that JNLP developers just include it, and it would always contain the correct information...

Malachi