users@jaxb.java.net

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/namespace/QName/JAXB bundling

From: Christopher Giblin <CGI_at_zurich.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:13:23 +0100

Thanks very much for the insights into your decision to package JAXB with
the Web Services Pack.

I just searched JavaWorld for the oldest article lauding the synergy of
Java and XML. The oldest one I came across was dated 1998, although I am
sure it is not the oldest piece of Java/XML evangelism.

XML has since become the oxygen our Java breathes, Web Services or not. We
have been moaning getting the XML stuff in and out of the objects. JAXB has
been long in coming. It is finally here and the vision described by those
old JavaWorld articles has arrived. JAXB is the stuff we need - I would say
it 'belongs' to the Java language.

An easy round trip between XML/Java seems to me to be one of the more
strengthening things one could do for Java. So it is odd to see JAXB
tucked aide in Web Services.

These are my own friendly, personal views and not those of my employer.

Thanks, chris

Discussion list for the Java Architecture for XML Binding