users@jaxb.java.net

JAXB & SOAP

From: Gunaranjan C <gunaranjan_c_at_SATYAM.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:59:11 -0700

Hi,
This might be a newbie question - but please help me out. I am new to JAXB. However I have worked with SOAP. I understand that SOAP implementations that come with Web Logic etc. automatically (automagically) convert between the SOAP types and Java objects (for method arguments and return types). Web Logic's documentation says that even complex types can be mapped.

So my question is where does JAXB fit into this. Is it a mapping that will be used by such implementations? Completly new to this - would appreciate any background and information.

Thanks
Guna