users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXBContext and multithreading

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:08:32 -0800

> Is it threadsafe to have multiple threads accessing the same JAXBContext
> object to obtain Marshallers and Unmarshallers? I have a schema where it
> literally takes over one minute to create a JAXBContext object (on a
> 1.6GH PC) and I so I need to create one instance at process startup and
> cache it for later use during document processing.

With JAXB RI, yes, JAXBContext is a thread-safe object, but other
providers might choose to implement it in other ways.

I'm also curious why it takes that long to create a JAXBContext object.
Have you ever run the profiler? Could you tell me how large your schema
is?

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)