users@jaxb.java.net

How to distribute a JAXB implementation?

From: Wiedmann, Jochen <jochen.wiedmann_at_softwareag.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:15:47 +0100

This message was originally submitted by jochen.wiedmann_at_SOFTWAREAG.COM to the
JAXB-INTEREST list at JAVA.SUN.COM. If you simply forward it back to the list,
using a mail command that generates "Resent-" fields (ask your local user
support or consult the documentation of your mail program if in doubt), it will
be distributed and the explanations you are now reading will be removed
automatically. If on the other hand you edit the contributions you receive into
a digest, you will have to remove this paragraph manually. Finally, you should
be able to contact the author of this message by using the normal "reply"
function of your mail program.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (31 lines) ------------------

Hi,

as some of you might know, I am working on an open source
implementation of JAXB. (See
http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jaxme/JaxMe2/
A question that concerns me is whether and how it is
allowed to distribute parts of JAXB as part of the
JaxMe distribution. The files in question are:

  - the Jar files jaxb-api.jar and jax-qname.jar
  - the source file jaxb-api-src.jar
  - the specification jaxb-0_90-pfd.doc.zip
  - the specification jaxb-0_90-pfd-spec.pdf
  - the examples
  - the user guide

Also, if that matters, whether it is allowed to add
these to a CVS repository, which is available to the
public.

Also, if it is allowed to use these files for a
derived work. In particular, it would be nice to
offer a Javadoc, which includes the JAXB Javadoc.

Regards,

Jochen