users@jax-ws.java.net

BOM handling

From: Richard Lavoie <lavoie.richard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:47:39 -0500

Hello people,

I'm having an issue with jax-ws 2.1.5 included in java6.

The web service I'm trying to interact with is sending the utf8 BOM as the
first character of it's response. Unfortunately I don't have access to
modify this wen service as it is one of our Microsoft Dynamics CRM server.
Every time the client receives this response, the client code throws an
exception as an unexpected character... I've read that XML parsers should
handle this without problem.

I've seen alot of threads over the internet having problem with BOM and
sun's internal parser, but no real answers...

Is there any way to tell the xml internal parser to handle this BOM ? maybe
with the help of a -D ?
If not, is there any way to wrap the internal xml parser to handle this
sort of behavior ?
If not, is there any way to specify another XML parser ?
Anything else that can help me fix this issue as it's a blocker for us ?

Help is much appreciated,
Thanks in advance.

--
Richard Lavoie
IT consultant / consultant en informatique