users@jax-ws.java.net

Collection classes as parameter for a service / Problem with schema generation

From: <breadfan_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:16:16 +0200

Hi all,

I have a problem with the schema generation feature for a webservice java class.

See the following test service class:

@WebService
@SOAPBinding(style = Style.RPC)
public class CollectionAsParamTestService
{
    public void testCollections(ArrayList<String> stringList)
    {

    }
}

If I generate the wsdl and the corresponding schema with wsgen, the wsdl is generated with the following message fragment:
<message name="testCollections">
<part name="arg0" type="tns:arrayList"/>
</message>

So far so good. Now the generated schema:

<xs:schema version="1.0" targetNamespace="http://impl.service.webservice.fss.portal.o2.com/" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

  <xs:complexType name="arrayList">
    <xs:complexContent>
      <xs:extension base="ns1:abstractList" xmlns:ns1="http://impl.service.webservice.fss.portal.o2.com/">
        <xs:sequence/>
      </xs:extension>
    </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>

  <xs:complexType name="abstractList" abstract="true">
    <xs:complexContent>
      <xs:extension base="ns2:abstractCollection" xmlns:ns2="http://impl.service.webservice.fss.portal.o2.com/">
        <xs:sequence/>
      </xs:extension>
    </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>

  <xs:complexType name="abstractCollection" abstract="true"/>
</xs:schema>

Not to mention the little too complex structure, I'm missing the xsd:string inside the xs:sequence from the service call.

Thanks in advance,
Chris