users@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Need your help...

From: Jitendra Kotamraju <Jitendra.Kotamraju_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:57:11 -0700

Alexander Kuzmin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've read the article by Bobby Bissett - thanks a lot - the things
> become a little more clear!
>
> And I tried to write some test web application, which consumes some
> local web service (at the same application server). All works nice...
> but only
> inside the computer I build both application. If I deploy the WARs at
> some other computer - web-service works fine,
> but web client returns http error 500 (something about sax xml reader)
> (in browser wsdl returned write). If I build web-client at this
> computer - all
> again works fine. So, web-client works only on the computer where it
> was built.
>
> WHY???
>

> Some details:
>
> - environment: NetBeans 5.0
> - app server: Glassfish build 42
> - to consume web-service I've added "wsimport" at pre-compile target
> at build.xml (wsdl = http://localhost:8080/MyService?wsdl)

I am suprised that you got http error 500. May be webclient has wrong
endpoint address. I suggest you use hostname instead of localhost. Then
you can move the client around. Otherwise, you can set
ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY. Do you know whether the client requests are
reaching to the server ?

for e.g.;

Map requestContext = ((BindingProvider)stub).getRequestContext();
requestContext.put(BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,"http://example.com/webservices/service1");

Jitu