users@jax-ws.java.net

JAX-WS SOAP client tutorial?

From: peter michaux <petermichaux_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:37:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I would like to write a Java GUI app, distributed by
Java Web Start, to remotely administrate an ecommerce
website. I think using SOAP might be the right
approach for me since the website is written in Ruby
On Rails. The Rails site produces WSDL.

I've searched quite a few hours for a good tutorial on
building a simple Java SOAP client using JAX-WS. I
would like to use the WSDL to automatically produce
the client Java stub code. I think Apache Axis can do
this type of auto generation but I wonder if JAX-WS
can do something similar.

I'm new to the Java world and am trying to get
oriented in the mass of technology options. Any
pointers on a good approach or tutorial links greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

(Posted on the forum too since I don't yet know which
  is more popular form of communication here.)