users@jax-ws.java.net

Re: HTTP Binding - Support for "GET"?

From: Kathy Walsh <Kathleen.Walsh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:38:08 -0500

Mark-
See below for answers:

Mark Hansen wrote:

> The JAX-WS 2.0 specification doesn't mention whether or not the HTTP
> Binding should or must or must not support HTTP GET.

The above is correct- the expert group is in the process of determining
if this
needs to be specified.

> However, the current RI seems to only support POST. Also, there
> doesn't seem to be any API level way to specify a GET.

RequestContext requestContext = dispatch.getRequestContext();
requestContext.put(MessageContext.HTTP_REQUEST_METHOD, "GET");

This currently is a bug however as I stated in a previous email.

> Can anyone clarify this for me? Is there a way to do an HTTP GET
> request using JAX-WS and the HTTP Binding?

I hope this answers your questions-
We have raised issues to the spec leads with respect to RESTful service
and these
will need to be addressed by EG before more questions can be clarified.

Regards,
Kathy