dev@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Interoperability between PHP NuSOAP based Web Service and JAX-WS Client

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:16:10 +0100

Hi Sergio,

First a disclaimer: I know nothing about PHP NuSOAP.

Sergio Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Iam trying to develop a Web Service Cliente with JAX-WS to access a Web
> Service based on the PHP NuSOAP library. I have been trying changing the
> style of the WSDL from documento to RPC, but I always have the same
> error (A java.lang.NullPointerException when I try to invoate the
> getPort method of the Service resulting class).

If you can send the WSDL and a stack trace that would help.

> Does somebody have any hint about the required structure of the WSDL to
> gain interoperability between these two pieces of software?

Are you trying to reverse engineer a WSDL for PHP NuSOAP? It may be that
this is the wrong thing to do if PHP NuSOAP never defines and supplies a
WSDL.

Alternatively, you can chunk away the WSDL and use JAXB/SAAJ/Source and
the JAX-WS Dispatch API [1].

> I am Using Netbeans 5.5 Preview, JWSDP 2.0 and JDK 1.5.0 on Solaris 9 Sparc.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

[1]