dev@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Reading binary data from header

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:29:14 +0100

Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Vivek Pandey wrote:
>
>> StreamReaderBufferCreator.storeElementAndChildren() doesnt use
>> enhanced streaming reader XMLStreamReaderEx.getPCData(), instead it
>> always call getTextCharacters(), I think it should be calling this
>> method only when there is no binary data. Since you never know when
>> the data is binary - you can call XMLStreamReaderEx.getPCData() when
>> the underlying reader support it?
>>
>> Otherwise the mtom enhanced reader will have to base64 decode and give
>> it back which we dont want to do at that.
>>

> Yes, this is important (for MTOM and FI) when JAXB is used with the
> headers. I will modify to support creation and processing using
> XMLStreamReaderEx. I will try and get in done this week, but it may take
> a little longer...

I have made changes to XML Stream Buffer to store binary data. The
XMLStreamReader implementation implements the XMLStreamReaderEx
interface (although does not yet support the NamespaceContextEx
getNamespaceContext method).

Tests need to be written for getPCData but i reckon it should work, with
a 75% confidence rate! Until the tests are written and pass i will not
commit the new jar to jax-ws (which will also require an update of
stax-ex.jar).

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question